15 Things You Don’t Know About Drake
Drake Seems To Be Everywhere These Days
The TV star turned rapper is out on tour supporting Nothing Was the Same, his third album, while its hit singles such as “Started from the Bottom” and “Hold On, We’re Going Home” are all over our airwaves.
But Drake being everywhere does not mean that you know everything about him.
1. Drake apologized to his family before ripping them apart during his performance of “Too Much” on Late Night with Fallon.
2. Drake has written songs for Jamie Foxx and Alicia Keys.
3. Drake is not American. He was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on October 24 1986.
4. Drake tried to pick up Scarlett Johansson, twice Esquire Mag’s Sexiest Woman Alive, on Late Night with Fallon.
5. Drake was the voice of Ethan, the young mammoth in 2012’s Ice Age: Continental Drift.
6. Drake recorded “Marvin’s Room”, a song about breaking up, in the same studio where in 1976 Marvin Gaye recorded his “Here, My Dear”, an album about his divorce from Anna Gordy.
7. Raised Jewish, Drake had a bat mitzvah and went to a Jewish Day School.
8. His 2011 song “The Motto” popularized the use of YOLO (you only live once).
9. Drake launched his rap career in 2006 by making mixtapes that he paid for with money he had made acting.
10. With 10 number-one singles on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, Drake has had more number ones than any other rapper ever.
11. Drake’s goal is to surpass everything that Kanye West has accomplished.
12. The late R&B singer Aaliyah has had the largest impact on Drake’s career.
13. Drake’s real name is Aubrey Drake Graham.
14. Drake first found fame as a Canadian TV star on the ‘tween soap series Degrassi: The Next Generation playing Jimmy Brooks, a basketball stud who became wheelchair bound after being shot.
15. Drake has long had a crush on the wasp-waisted Nicki Minaj. In fact, his song “Un-Thinkable” is about his secret crush.